- Class will begin with a warm-up or learning activity. Come in, sit down and begin immediately.
- Students should come into the classroom, not loiter in the hall during class changes, nor should students leave the room once they have entered without permission.
- Notes to excuse tardies are the student’s responsibility, to be secured during the student’s time.
- Make-up work is your responsibility!!! When you return from an absence, it is your responsibility to find out what you missed.
- Make-up work is due 2 days from the day that you were absent. For example if you are absent on Monday, the work is due the following Wednesday.
- If you are absent for 3 days in a row or more, see your teachers the day you return to discuss due dates for your make-up work. You may be entitled to additional time on some assignments if you are absent for 3 or more days in a row.
- If you know you are going to be out, see your teachers ahead of time to get assignments you will be missing.
- Book bags must be left in lockers or placed in designated areas of the classroom. You will not be permitted to go to your book bag during class so be sure you have everything you need.
- Locker trips to retrieve homework, classwork or materials are not permitted during class. Have what you need before the bell rings. Bathroom or water fountain visits are not permitted except in EXTREME emergencies. ABSOLUTELY NO bathroom visits will be allowed during instruction. Don’t ask.
- Only one student may use the pencil sharpener at a time. Sharpen your pencils BEFORE class begins. Do not sharpen pencils during instruction.
- Dispose of trash at the end of class. Do not leave trash in your desk. Don’t forget to throw it away!!!
- No food, drink or candy is permitted in the classroom.
- Students will be SILENT during intercom announcements.
- Personal grooming is not permitted in class. This includes make-up, brushes, hand lotion, combs, mirrors, fingernail polish, etc. Toys, games playing cards, hats, hoods, sunglasses, bandanas, or other distracting items are also not permitted in the classroom. The first time we see one of these items in our classroom, it will become our property until the end of the school day. The second time, we will keep it until a parent or guardian comes to school to retrieve it.
- Cell phones should be turned off and should not be visible in the classroom unless instructed by a teacher (for that class only). We will follow the school policy with the phone being confiscated and held until a parent picks it up from the office.
- Do not do other assignments during class time unless you have permission.
- We do not tolerate cheating. This not only means copying answers on tests, but also the copying of classwork or homework. If you are caught copying, both your work and the paper you copy will be confiscated and you will receive zeroes. In addition, if you allow another student to copy your work and that student is caught, you will both receive zeroes on the assignment. Cheating is grounds for a discipline referral.
- We will follow the Wake County dress code.
- Cafeteria rules:
- Get all food and condiments before you sit down.
- You must sit with your 5th period class.
- No cell phones should be used per board policy.
- Stay in your seat until you are dismissed, waiting to throw away trash when dismissed.
- You may not leave the cafeteria to go to the restroom or to get water.
- Make sure your eating area is clean. (Food/ spills should be cleaned off table and floor around you.)
Assignments and tests will be categorized as follows:
Small Projects/Quizzes- 30%
Large Projects/Test- 40%
Make an effort on every assignment and you will learn. Rise to the challenge! Do your best!